Financial Aid - Application Deadline Extended
The application period for Financial Aid has been extended until May 15.
Application for Work-study and KF-RYI Merit-Based Scholarship are available through the Student Portal from April 1- May 15.
Nepali Student Scholarship, Ordained Sangha Scholarship and Horst Koch Memorial Scholarship for Online Learning application forms will be available through the new RYI website from April 15-May 15.
The intensive Summer Program, from June 12 – August 9, 2013 (8 weeks) runs includes courses in colloquial Tibetan (beginning, intermediate and advanced levels), beginning classical Tibetan, beginning Sanskrit, beginning and intermediate Nepali, and a Buddhist Studies course.
This year's Summer Program offers two new courses:
- Beginning Classical Tibetan provides a thorough grounding in the basics of Classical Tibetan and a strong foundation for reading various types of Buddhist literature in Tibetan.
- Intermediate Nepali is for students with prior study of Nepali. The course continues to focus on grammar while emphasizing the development of a rich and active vocabulary. The course features classroom lectures, drill sessions, and daily individual practice sessions with native Nepali speakers.
Summer Program applications are accepted from October 1st to May 1st.
To enroll, go to the Admissions, click on the respective program and follow the instructions provided there. Questions? Contact us!
Join RYI's Online Learning Program
Join us to learn more about Buddhism – anywhere at any time. Registration opens June 1st for our semester-long courses which begin September 2nd, 2013. Our short courses are open for registration at any time.
Check out our OLL Course Catalog to browse courses and enroll today!
Want to Start Studying Now?
- By popular demand, our new Introduction to Classical Tibetan - Interactive course will run again starting May 6th – Reserve your spot now!
- A two week Tibetan Alphabet course for self-study is a great way to start your study of Tibetan language.
- Check out our other short courses – Cultivating Patience, Life of the Buddha, Basics of Buddhist Philosophy and many more are ready for you to start at any time.
Do you have a meditation group with whom you meet regularly? Our short courses are perfect for group study, and special discounted rates apply! Contact
for more information.